It's devastating to experience the chaos of a fire in your St Clair County. Not only is it difficult to deal with the loss, but the clean up too. If it is a small isolated fire, getting the area cleaned and repaired should be a priority.
The first thing to consider is the ash and smoke damage that occurred. These can lead to corrosion, discoloration and unpleasant odor. Getting ash and smoke cleaned up immediately will prevent any of these from leading to an even larger problem.
Take action and follow these steps if you find yourself handling the aftermath of a house fire.
- Contact your insurance company.
- Contact your local fire restoration company – SERVPRO of St Clair County.
- Take photographs of the damage.
- Keep a record of all conversations with your insurance company.
- Make a list of everything you lost or that was destroyed.
- Find a place to stay while your restoration company cleans up your property.
While a house fire is a trying experience, it helps to have a game plan in place. So remember these steps for the next time you or a loved one is handling the aftermath of a house fire and call SERVPRO of St Clair County 256-378-1319