What To Do After Commercial Water Damage
Commercial water damage often involves larger spaces, pipes, or roofs, and it may be more costly to fix than damage in a residential structure. If your commercial property in Las Vegas, NV has sustained damage from broken pipes or a leaky roof, you should take steps to reduce the amount of excess water and contact a commercial restoration service that specializes in water cleanup.
Cleaning up after a leak can be a messy process, but there are several ways to limit the extent of the damage and the potential for secondary damage. Immediately after a leak occurs, you should:
• Use buckets, mops, or towels to prevent water from soaking into building materials, carpet, furniture, or other items.
• Contact a plumber or roofing company to handle the leak as soon as possible.
• Contact a cleanup and restoration service that’s certified to handle leaks and prevent secondary damage within 24 hours of the leak.
Once you have dealt with the broken pipe or any other source of excess water in your commercial property, you should contact a certified commercial restoration service to dry, clean, and restore the affected areas to their original conditions.
A water damage restoration company can provide several services, including:
• water mitigation by removing standing water from your commercial property
• Dehumidification and ventilation to control moisture and prevent secondary damage, such as mold growth
• Restoration of property damaged by storms, burst pipes, or roof leaks
If broken pipes or a leaky roof have caused damage in your commercial property in St Clair County you should contact a local or regional service that specializes in water damage cleanup and restoration. The sooner you fix a leak and address any damage that has resulted, the more affordably, effectively, and quickly you will be able to restore your property to a functional and safe condition.