Until SERVPRO Arrives!
If you ever have a water damage from a clean source, lets say water supply lines, sink overflows, tub overflows, or appliance malfunctions, here are some things you can do before SERVPRO arrives:
- Shut off the main source of the water.
- Turn off all circuit breakers for wet areas of the home or business if the access panel is safe from electrical shock.
- Remove as much of the excess water as possible by mopping it up and blotting.
- Wipe all the excess water from wood furniture after removing all lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop up all wet upholstery cushions for an even drying process.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between all furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Remove to a safe, dry place all paintings, art objects, computers, documents and other materials that are of value and sensitive to moisture.
- Use wooden clothespins to keep all furniture from skirting off damp floors.
- Hang all draperies with coated hangers to avoid them having contact with wet carpeting or floors.