Recent Community Posts
Police Line Do Not Cross
Biohazard, Crime Scene, And Vandalism Cleanup
Recognized as a leading fire and water cleanup and restoration provider by hundreds of insurance companies, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals also offer fast, reliable biohazard and crime scene cleanup and restoration services to residential and commercial property owners.
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences for building occupants, employees, customers, and owners. A failure to properly handle and safely remove such hazardous substances can contribute to unhealthy and even dangerous environments.
Our SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are trained to safely and effectively remove biohazardous substances and prepare waste for proper disposal according to OSHA, EPA and state and local health regulations.
Equipped with the necessary safety equipment and cleaning products, Our SERVPRO Franchise Professionals help turn unsafe environments into clean, safe homes and offices.
Our SERVPRO Franchise Professionals can help with the following issues:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Methamphetamine Labs
- Crime Scene Residues
- Sewage Backups
- Black Water Intrusions
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
State and local regulations vary. Contact us at 256-378-1319 for 24-hour emergency service.
Be Prepared With An ERP
The SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile (ERP) will help you ensure you are "Ready for whatever happens." In the even of an emergency, the ERP can help minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action in place for your facility. The ERP is a comprehensive document containing critical information about your business, including emergency contacts, shutoff valve locations and priority areas. Call us at 256-378-1319 to establish your Emergency READY Profile!
Flooding Can Happen Anywhere!
According to the National Weather Service (NOAA), "Approximately seventy-five percent of all Presidential disaster declarations are associated with flooding." NOAA lists the most common flood hazards in the United States as:
- Flash Flooding
- River Flooding
- Storm Surge and Coastal Inundation from Tropical and Non-Tropical Systems
- Burn Scars/Debris Flows (Caused by Wildfires)
- Ice/Debris Jams
- Dry Wash (Caused by heavy rainfall in dry areas)
- Dam Breaks/Levee failure
Just because you haven't experienced a flood doesn't mean you won't in the future. In fact, 20% of all claims paid by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) were for policies in low-risk communities. On average, floods cost $3.5 billion in annual losses in the U.S., and commercial flood claims average more than $75,000 (NFIP).
When catastrophic water damage happens to you, Our SERVPRO Franchise Professionals can help. They can help you prepare ahead of time with an Emergency Ready Profile (ERP), or respond to any size disaster to begin cleanup and restoration to get you back in business as soon as possible. Our SERVPRO Franchise Professionals are ready to help make it "Like it never even happened."
Important Tips From The ICC
Disaster Safety & Mitigation
- If you live in a high wind or hurricane prone area and do not have tested and code-approved shutters for protection from windborne debris, consider temporarily protecting your doors and windows by mounting exterior grade , 7/16" minimum thickness plywood and fastening it into place.
- Consider building or retrofitting to create a tornado-safe room in your home.
- In wildfire prone areas, remove fine (dead grass, leaves, etc.) and coarse fuels (dead twigs, branches, etc.) within 30 feet of a building to create a survivable space in case of wildfire. Be sure to remove dry leaf and pine litter from roofs, rain gutters, decks, and walkways.
- Flooded roads could have significant damage hidden by floodwaters. Never drive through floodwaters or on flooded roads. Do not attempt to cross a flowing stream. It takes only six inches of fast flowing water to sweep you off your feet and two feet of water to move an SUV-sized vehicle.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
With over 1,500 franchises, SERVPRO has a location close to you. That means we start helping you faster.
- 1-4-8 Service Response Guidelines
SERVPRO'S 1-4-8 Service Response Guidelines help ensure timely communication and response. Quick and accurate response can minimize loss expense from secondary damages and aid in policyholder retention.
1. Within one hour from notice of loss, a SERVPRO Franchise Professional will contact you to arrange for service.
2. Within four hours of loss notification, a SERVPRO Franchise Professional will be on-site to start mitigation services (if necessary).
8. Within eight business hours, a verbal briefing of the scope will be communicated to the adjuster by a SERVPRO Franchise Professional.
*Exceptions may apply under certain conditions, such as a local catastrophic event or storm situation.